Monday, October 14, 2019

Fun exercise for abstract painting




Outcome                                                                                      

























I made all these paintings and compositions through a simple and fun process:                           
  • Took a sheet of paper marked six sections with pencil, taped it. 
  • Used same mediums same colors on each section but differently, had fun.
  • Removed tape, cut sections and done.
   What I have learnt from this exercise is:       
  • Got more sense of composition.
  • Explored different ways of using colors and mediums since I had to use same in each section.
  • Better control of values in a painting.
  • Better understanding of my choices and results. 😊

Material used:
Acrylic paints, highlighter, pencil, oil crayon, soft pastel, hand painted paper collage.

Over all an excellent exercise to practice more often. I plan to try it on a larger scale and see if I can get a good painting/paintings out of it. Enjoyed!

I learnt this here from Adele Sypesteyn.



Process                                                                                       





















No comments:

Post a Comment